pawn stars forum

Antique Key Gun

antique key gun

Season 2 Episode 3
What the heck is this thing?

• Fully function as both key and gun
  • Hand forged in iron
  • Weighs about 1 lb

Guy grabbed it at an antique shop for $40 in his travels. Rick has never seen anything like this.

I’m thinking an expert is getting called in. Rick is thinking 1600’s

OMG guy is asking $1000 lol.

Rick is saying $200… counter $500

Sold for $200. I am very curious to see what Rick finds out about this thing!

Rick calls in Sean to give this antique key gun the once over.

Sean is saying its legit from 17 century. He has seen a few but it is very rare. He is selling its very collectible. Dang $1200-1500 is the estimate at auction!

Not a bad deal! Rick is asking $500 for Sean to take it lol.  He gives it to Sean for $450

SHOOTING RANGE TIME

Sean and Rick go to test out the Key Gun.

Gulp! Hope the metal is still strong.

He is putting 30 grains into it. Has to create his own fuse.

Cross your fingers!

They are not putting a bullet into it.

Nice it fired!! Cool. I def would not want to trust this thing for protection lol.

Still pretty cool

14 Responses to Antique Key Gun

1. Hello, nice site. I look forward to your next post. Thanks, Samantha

2. Ruth says:

I have got to have one of these things!! They are so cool looking!! Where can I buy one? Anyone have one for sale? Ebay shows nothing!!!

3. Pawn Star says:

I know they are sweet huh! Call up the pawn shop!
    Maybe they can find you one. IM sure they will charge ya for it though. 😉

4. Michael Lester says:

Dear Chummlee,
    I have in my posession the real Ark of the Covenant. How much will you give me for it? How about $450,000,000.00?
    LOL…

5. Steven Speilgus says:

Your KEY is out of bullets!

6. Steve the Hobo says:

Your KEY is out of bullets!

7. AH says:

PS: Shoot safe

Your KEY is out of BULLETS

8. perfectProduce says:

This reminds me of Problem Sleuth’s keygun. The webcomic, I mean, Problem Sleuth is a webcomic and also a character in the webcomic and the key spontaneously flips from key to gun and back to key at the strangest and most inconvenient of times.

Case in point: “Your KEY is out of bullets!” Needless to say, there’s a lot more to it, and all uproariously funny.

Yeah, go look it –> http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4

9. Arty D says:

HI Rick –
    I have been watching the show since day 1 and have 2 comments that I think are worth noting:

1- Its a pleasure to watch the show because you are so bright
    and MOST OF ALL
    and I know this may sound odd but I can tell you are a very nice guy – You treat your son very nicely and I just cant say it enough that you are a mench – (I am pretty sure that you know that a mench is a yiddish word that is the highest compliment a jewish man can be)
    (I feel your father is a lil degrading on Chumly and something bad may happen to the Ole Man if he doesnt stop)
    Please tell him to stop –
    Regards
    Arty D

10. Pingback: ANGEL

11. Keith Burke says:

I own this pistol key that was on Pawn Stars and this photo is not the key that was on the show or even a pistol key. I purchased it from a guy who purchased it from Sean.

12. mike says:

Rick is such a ripoff, he should have had an expert come in before making an offer, I hate when an experts appraises something at 1,000 and rick only wnats to give 400, he needs to stop bein a penyy pincher, I understand that its business, but even he buys a 1,000 dollar item for 700 he makes 300, stop being greedy

13. R. Larry says:

Saw the episode this gun was in. To bad you didn’t show the correct pic for this key gun. Avid watchers catch these errors. Between Pawn, pickers & Ricks Restoration we spot so many of conflicting things the 3 shows try to blend together. But all is fun to watch.