Check out your local auction houses flea markets and those little Mom and Pop stores and antique shops.
What is so much fun is that each week you can find something different.
I have furnished a number of apartments and households with objects from auctions and flea markets.
Property product sales are pleasurable too – Appearance for your Big garden sale-flea promote in Hubbard Ohio – seven family members having an enormous parking whole lot sale Wherever- 6177 Youngstown-Hubbard Street inside the Hubbard Present Retailers Sector parking good deal for Jewelry Guides video clips vintage stuff More… same minimal plaza as Dotties Beauty PlaceUnderdog Records We still put a few things out all year depending on the weather but the big ones are over until Spring.
But if you are like me and your favorite way to shop is the minor merchants auctions and flea markets – stop by my Hubbard Ohio Present Shop for great gifts antiques and handmade products at great prices -. Vintage anton schneider cuckoo clocks – You get to know the auctioneers and the sellers at the auctions so after a while it is easy to tell who brings the best things in – LOL
The same with tiny retailers and flea markets you may get to know the vendors and often – if you let them know what you collect or need – they will hunt it down for you if they can.
What kinds of things will you come across The answer is always distinct which is half the entertaining
Various of the vendors from the old now closed Hubbard Ohio Flea Promote Antique Mall have set up a store with gifts and collectibles… at flea sector prices and it is located up the street a mile closer to town at 6177 Youngstown-Hubbard Street – next to Dottys Beauty Shop and UnderDog Records – near Bell Wick. It is easy to obtain estate jewellery antiques movies guides handmade jewelry gifts silk floral arrangements everyday items Vintage Jewelry Italian Charms handmade items greeting cards glassware classic dolls linens kitchen things lawn goods building tools car tools vintage products home decor baskets radios computers collectibles pet supplies all natural products hand sewn objects and a whole bunch of everything new and used.
The same is likely true for your nearby flea current market and small outlets…
Auction Tips Ill tell you a few secrets to make the sale more pleasurable for everyone
1. Get there early to be able to inspect the items.
2. Ask about the procedures-
For most there is a no return policy
Some will take a investigate or very rarely a credit card card as they would substantially rather have cash obtain out before you buy anything
Stop in at the desk to register and get a bid number – you will need your drivers license. Some auctions like ours in Hubbard Ohio will have you keep the same number once you register to make it easier for everyone. But even when you become a regular you will need to let them know you are there that week by registering but you likely will not have to show your license over and over once they get to know you.
Locate out beforehand when any substantial items you might buy will have to be taken home – Usually it is right after the auction but sometimes they may let you make arrangements to come back at another time.
Is there a Buyers Premium that is charged and how a lot Most auction charge a 10 or more Buyers Premium to help cover employee costs and other expenses. They subtotal your bill and add another 10 onto it. This extra fee is then added to your bill. So if you bought 100.00 worth of objects It would now cost you 110.00 your sales and profits tax.
If you not in your own city acquire out what the product sales tax percentage is wherever you are so that you possibly can make sure to add it in to your total bill.
3. Sit quietly and pay attention so that you what is up for bid. You would be amazed at how many folks end up buying things that they didnt mean to because they bid on the wrong item.
4. If you bring kids please have them sit quiety because the other bidders want to hear whats up for bid and the auction staff needs to be able to keep accurate records to make sure the correct amounts are written on the correct products… .
5. Take along a few comfort products according to the season such as a jacket a box to put your feet in to keep them off of a cold cement floor and a lap blanket to keep your legs warm with the Winter. During the Summer you may want to take along one of these tiny battery powered fans that it is possible to carry in your purse or wear on a cord around your neck.
6. While you are bidding be aware of any buyers premium that might be added to your bill and dont forget to be sure that you have enough money to cover the revenue tax far too.
7. Take along a giant handful of newspapers to wrap any breakables and a few of your own boxes to put your things in.
Want a step-by-step how-to Here you go –
Flea Markets Tips Set aside an hour to uncover a few treasures
1. Remember you are buying products as is so look and feel it over before you buy it. This is not the Mall wherever youll be able to return it if you change you mind or it is broken… .
2. Be respectful to the vendors because for most of them this is their only income. They will learn to appreciate you and may even offer you a special deal from time to time if you are nice.
3. If you think the price if as well high it is fine to ask if they can do a little better for you. If not or if they do but you still dont like the price – just say no thank you and move on to a thing else because the little car salesman tricks that people try simply do not work. Many times they cannot lower prices these days because they have to pay their booth rent which has gone sky high these last few years heating and electric bills…
4. Let the vendors know what you are looking for and they might have it put away or they might have one at home… that they could bring in for you. Again be respectful here too as if you ask for anything and make arrangements to come back – make sure you do.
5. Lets face it some people are just plain mean and the same holds true for some vendors. Just forget about them and go on to the next booth. Dont let that grumpy gus ruin your shopping adventure.
6. If you take kids or anyone with you that has a minor trouble controling themselves pay extra attention to them so that do not grab things or break them because you will have to pay for anything they ruin.
7. Again this isnt the mall so be prepared by taking along a few bags of your own and some paper to wrap anything that could break. Most vendors will have these things but sometimes they run out if they have had a busy day.
8. Please take small bills when you go. A flea promote is usually out from the middle of nowhere and vendors are usually working the day alone so they cannot run out and get more ones and fives when they need them. There is nothing more aggravating than experiencing the first 5 people buy 2.00 worth of stuff and pay with a twenty and take all of your change
Gramzs Vintage Jewellery Gifts booth Stop in and see Goldie
The Hubbard Ohio Present Shop offers layaway – Stop in and ask for your details.
Dianas – Hubbard Ohio Gift Shop 6177 Youngstown-Hubbard Street in Hubbard Ohio.
Need a gift for your prom wedding or for any reason See Goldie to uncover that perfect piece of jewelry or other present. See Diana for a one-of-a-kind hand-sewn present. See Diana or Goldie to have a present basket made for you.
Hubbard Ohio Flea Market place Antique Mall is now Dianas Hubbard Ohio Gift Shop More The big minimal community shop with some thing for just about everyone…
For anyone nearby to Hubbard Ohio – here is the information-
Dianas – Hubbard Ohio Gift Shop 6177 Youngstown-Hubbard Street Hubbard Ohio 44425
noon to 5-00pm on Wednesdays and Sundays
10am to 5pm Thursday through Saturday
closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
My latest Uncover
August 2009 – I went to a friends auction house and he was auctioning off an estate of a lady who loved to sew.
Oh my I was in vintage fabric glory
I came home after I paid for my winning bids of course with 6-7 plastic tote containers FULL of fabric plus 2 full bolts of old fabric that were not in a tote. Ive not gone through all of it yet. These totes are at least 2x2x3 feet large. There are 1000s of yards of vintage fabric in these totes There is a ton of cotton some denim some polyester some velvet some satin and about a property of fleece with Scooby Doo on it from which I am making an eye mask and neck pillow set for my youngest daughter who likes Scooby Doo. Shhhhhhhhhhh dont tell her – it is a surprise
All of this vintage fabric is in great shape too as most of it was protected in a plastic tote container which had a tight fitting lid to keep out clothes moths and dust… .
Oh my I am sewing as fast as I can
Want your own online store includes many great features support and a helpful community of good folks far too
Looking for Agatha Christie or other great guides Lots of mystery and romance guides as well as many others
Great Things at Gypsy Queen Media at eCRATER Lots of books and tapes… from this great seller
Gypsy Queen Media
Has a ton of guides and other things at great prices. I get guides from her all of the time because she is so nice to deal with and has a huge selection of over 5000 guides other goods.
She just moved her store to eCRATER and will be listing a bunch every week so keep checking to see what she has. Here are just a few- Rugrats – Return Of Reptar VHS
There Goes a Train WToy VHS
Beethoven Lives Upstairs VHS
Really like A 45 Theatrical Art Sp VHS
A Holiday for Murder by- Agatha Christie
Vintage anton schneider cuckoo clocks Chevy
Do you like vintage cars Have you ever attended a car show. I had previously seen car shows held in malls however I had never really taken time to stop and enjoy. That is too bad as I did not know what I was missing.
My husband and I happened upon this certain auto show that was held in downtown Greeneville Tennessee. I was grateful that I also occurred to have my digital digicam with me which will just take each photos and video clips. I started prowling the region with excellent delight seeking at all of the classic vehicles.
I had by no means imagined that Id such as this kind of factor – outdated vintage cars.